Thursday, April 9, 2015

Week 2 in the wonderful sight! (March 24, 2015)

Linda vista translates to "wonderful sight" so thats why I said that haha. Sounds like you guys had a wonderful week and still busy as always. Its so strange to hear that there is still real life far away from me! But life continues. Thats awesome that our ward had a baptism! Thats so good to hear. Make sure the ward retains them and helps them endure to the end! Especially you Mom and KK because you have relationships with them in the Primary! Extra responsibility!

This Sunday we had one investigator come to church. Her name is Lilian and she has accepted her baptism date for the 5th. We are trying to help the members rally around her and do all we can to get her baptized. The members in this ward are INCREDIBLE. Always offering to help and teach with us and go out on visits. The enthusiasm here is contagious and I have to keep up with it! This ward is quite a bit larger than Rio Santiago (200 compared to 70) so there are many more hands able to support the work. The Bishopric and the leadership organizations are also super pilas and want to help out. I am learning how to do work with a ward for the first time which is an excellent experience for me.

Elder Hernandez and I are getting along really well. We are striving every day to be more obedient with exactness and diligent. I have learned that obedience doesnt just happen. It is a constant mental effort to prepare yourself and those around you to follow the will of the lord that he has established. That is something I am trying to focus on in this time and then for forever! I read in Jacob 5 about the Lords Vineyard and found some sweet verses (esp 72 I think) about obedience with exactness. Jacob is maybe my favorite book in the Book of Mormon. So many useful verses and concepts to use in the Work and with investigators, etc.

And yes this area is still super cold! My skin was accustomed to the heat and now I am in a winter wonderland! Its not really that bad, just a ton of wind. We are about to enter the rainy season so we will see how that goes here!

Quick questions, did you send a calculator watch in this first box? I didnt see one if you did. Just because you said ''another calc water'' dad. Some things that I would love is a USB with a ton of church music on it and a usb or 2 (or if you have more Dad from work thatd be good) empty. They kind of cost a lot here. I also might be in need of a new head for my razor. Cant be scruffy! 

Love you guys from guatamala and back

Sigan Pilas,
Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment