Thursday, April 9, 2015

The 13th Article of Faith (April 7, 2015)

Buenas buenas.....

Is everyone back from the trip alive? What a fun time to relax and to chill out! I cant imagine doing that now. But im glad everyone made it home safe and that GB is getting a little bit of rain. Long live Folsom Lake! And wow...what a conference. I have honestly never been so moved or inspired by any other conference. Simply incredible. I have never cried before in a conference, but Elder Holland brought them down, that was sweet. Could you guys send me that talk? And also the one that the RS pres gave the first session on Saturday.  I cant wait til the church gives us the magazine with all the conference talks. I could apply almost any talk to some situation that I have currently and the Spirit was guiding all my thoughts. A special experience.

Also we had interviews with President Markham last Tuesday. It was awesome and I learned a ton. Love just radiates from that man. One of our focuses in the mission currently is the principle of  Love and demonstrating that to those around us through a constant smile and by focusing on the needs of the individuales. I learned that we cant have a mirror in front of our face, because ''the household of faith'' has no mirrors...only windows. Think about that for a second or two! I love President Markham.

I also love my companion! Just to tell you a little bit about him, he is from El Paraiso, Honduras. Apparently its on the border of Nicaragua. His dad is from spain and mom from Brazil, so he has a gnarly accent that I have finally been able to understand completely. He was baptized 2 years ago and is the only member of his family. A real example to me he is and glad to be here to learn from him.   

Things area going well in Linda Vista. We are working with a family that needs to be married currently, that'll be a new adventure. We are also looking to baptize a miracle girl this Sat or Sunday. Her name is Rebecca and she is so pilas. The ward is supporting us so much and I love it here. And mother, I still have not adjusted to the chill of this place. And our water heater exploded on me my second sunday, so its like im back in Rio Santiago almost! My skin wants to go back to the coast soon. We shall see!

Thank you for your love and support and kind words of loving support,
Elder Smith

P.S 

Dad, thanks so much for the FHE game ideas! i will be using those for family nights. We try to have as many family nights as possible during the week so thanks I wont get bored playing the same games over and over! i was about to ask you for some ideas cuz you are creative like that. I tried playing Boola Boola in Rio Santiago and it was a disaster. But thanks for the others. I will use them. Whenever you have more, just send them please!!! love you T H I S M U C H ! ! ! ! ! ! ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment