Friday, March 20, 2015

Linda Vista!

I got transferred to Linda Vista 1 in the zone Amatitlan! It is so 100% different from my last area. I am freezing to death and there are hills here. But it is so pretty and amazing with a view of the beautiful Lago Amatitlan...look it up! It is a ward here with a ton of support from the members. Only 2 days here and I can already tell. They are amazing and so eager to help out! My companion is Elder Hernandez from...Honduras!! My third hondureƱo! I am training him in his second change. He is so awesome and ready to work! He can walk really fast already so that is a plus too.

Apostle Elder Anderson. WOW! He spoke to us in Spanish yesterday. He knows 4 languages! He's a genius! He spoke to us about the role of the atonement in missionary work. How it works in us as missionaries and how important it is in the lives of those we teach. He taught us about teaching Exact Principles to the lamanites here in Guatemala. Especially about tithing. Sister Anderson told a story about tithing that was quite moving. Maybe its on the internet or something. I was really inspired by him and received answers to the questions that are in my soul. He had all of us missionaries (3 missions:  Guatemala City East, South, and Central) shake his hand one by one. I will never wash this hand again! I already broke that promise but it was a sweet experience. I was able to see Ryan Mcfadyen! He is the zone leader where we had the meeting (Mantufar?) and is doing really well. I snuck up behind him and gave him a big hug. Made that day all the more better.

Thank you for the package! Reeses Puff cereal is ALWAYS welcome in Guatemala. That was so delicious. And for the notes too. I sent you (mom and dad) a letter each so maybe that will get there next year. Packages are so awesome.

I am so excited for this new challenge in a new area! It will be awesome to start to learn how to work with a full fledged ward and to baptize like crazy. We dont have anyone promising right now, but there are always miracles.

Love you guys!
Elder Smith




Elder Smith & Elder Martinez in Santa Lucia


P-day fun


P-day


 Saying good bye to the good families of Santa Lucia





Saying good bye to the good families in Santa Lucia


New companion, Elder Hernandez 


Old Santa Lucia Zone

No comments:

Post a Comment