Tuesday, April 28, 2015

April 28, 2015 - Baptism!

We baptized the older sister of Rebecca this past Sunday, Hermana Juanita. Elder Hernandez was able to perform the ordinance of baptism for the first time. It meant a lot for him and he seemed to be walking on water! It was sweet and a wonderful way to end the change. It has been quite a journey with Elder Hernandez. I have learned sooo much and have changed even more. He has changed as well and we have seen many many miracles. We have another baptism planned for this Sunday. That’ll be 3 Sundays in a row! Miracles baby! ''We baptize every week'' is one of our mission quotes. And we are doing it!

Changes are tomorrow. I will be training again. Hopefully I get the packages and everything goes well. Did you guys send the calculator watch? I have been dying to get that. The kids from my ward said they met Bubba. Except they pronounced his name, “boooooba”. That was hilarious. ''Elder Smith, we met your uncle Booba!'' ''Who??'' They said he was super nice and friendly and gave them a bunch of ties and shirts. I stole a sweet paisley one...

I am really excited for this next change and to start a new chapter. Each change for me is like a new book of scripture with so many things to learn and chances to grow. We have a lot of investigators coming from nowhere and people progressing. I am loving every moment.

Mom, I have heard nothing about the Mothers Day calls. I am sure they will be flexible with the timing. And Congrats Matt on the Lifeguard thing! That is sweet. You will have a blast and maybe even work with Kyle! Super jealous. Be good and learn how to save a life.

I read this week about Abinidi. He gave ALL in the service of the Lord. Not just time or means, but his life. I want to have that attitude. Not of dying, but of giving my all, my life in a sense. To believe what he said in Mosiah 16:9. I love that guy and want to give him a huge hug when I meet him.

Sorry this is short, had to do a lot of stuff on the internet today.

Love you guys to guate and back!

Elder Smith


2 comments: