.....is
obedience. For every blessing there is a law predicated that we must obey. I
wont delve in the specifics of the lesson I have learned in this change but we
finally are baptizing and it is so worth every effort. We MUST obey to receive
what the Lord desires of us. It’s true and can’t be changed, as it is a
principle that is and was before the world was. We have a baptismal service
planned for this Friday. An absolute miracle, remind me to tell you about it
when I get home. I´ll write it in my journal mom! And we have another planned
for the 26th.
Ehh I
have time I think so I will tell you a little bit about the miracle! A little 9
year old girl has been going to church for a few months with an awesome member.
And we found that out last Monday! She had the desire and the number of times
going to church already there to be baptized. All we needed was the permission
of the parents. After 3 times teaching her, we asked her (and her older sister
that will be baptized the 26th) to ask permission from their parents. Which was
utterly...denied. Sadness. When we found out that the father didn’t give
permission, we in desperation gave them the baptismal record form with the
scripture Matthew 19:14 under the place where he needed to sign. We then
worked the rest of the day as hard as we could to show God that we were ready
for a miracle. The next day... miracle. Such a sweet experience and the
sweetest little girls we are teaching. A little quote from the 9 year old
Rebecca. I was speaking with the Sister that is bringing her to church because
she and I have to give talks this week on missionary work and we were saying
things like our knees will be shaking and wont be able to speak and she said to
us ''Do not fear. I know because Jesus will be with you. And he loves you.''
WOW. From the mouth of babes. We were finishing a lesson when she said that and
the spirit filled the room so strong! She will be Relief Society president of
the world some day.
In other
news, we went to the Zoo yesterday. That’s why I am writing today. We went as
the zone Amatitlan and it was sweet not to have to contact anyone or knock on
the doors of the animals to teach them or anything. It was a relatively small
zoo but really well kept and with some penguins and stuff. I’ll try to send
some pics.
I love
being a missionary. I can’t believe this change has been going by so fast. I
feel so grateful to be here. Thank you for your sacrifice family for letting me
come here.
I love
you so much,
Elder Jacob
Freeman Smith
Amatitlan Zone at the Zoo
His companion is on his left
No comments:
Post a Comment