We baptized una hermanita Rebecca this past week on Friday. It was
sweet! And the ward TURNED OUT. All the people I called attended. And they even
participated in an impromptu choir for when Rebecca entered back into the
water. Now that’s participating in the Work! She asked me to baptize her and it
is always a treasured experience to do so. I never feel so much love for
another person than when I am performing an ordinance for them, ''for the power
of God is manifest''. We have a date for her sister Juanita this Sunday and it
will be an excellent way to end this change of miracles! We are also hoping for
more miracles to be able to accomplish our Goals as a district, zone and area.
We had a bunch of family nights yesterday. They were so fun and full
of miracles. We brought a super positive family to the house of the strongest
member family in the ward and had an awesome lesson about the Book of Mormon.
Practically everyone here is a convert so everyone has a story! We are hoping
to baptize this new family the 10th of May. We then had
to SPRINT (not run or jog) all the way up the hill to another family night with
our ''Missionary Family''. They had invited all their nonmember family that
lives in this residence place. The bad thing was that they were all super
catholic and evangelical but it was still blast. We taught them a gospel
principle and played a game. Then Elder H at the end of the lesson
invited every single one of them to be baptized. With a date! I was really
psyched about his enthusiasm and faith, but the people there just began to
laugh (even the members). So I made them pause and said that the reason that my
companion did that was because we believe so much in this church and in His
Gospel (we were teaching repentance) that we wanted to invite every single one
of them to an opportunity to repent. It turned a really unspiritual moment into
a time to reflect. Then we sprinted once again to a family night with the 2nd
counselor. They invited a less active mom with her 9 year old son (missionaries
have tried to baptize him but he has never wanted anything). Hermano Lopez
talked about obedience in a really simple and cool way to explain the principle
to a child of 9. The spirit was present throughout and we challenged him to be
baptized the 3rd and he accepted. Woo!! Invite the missionaries to bring their
investigators to our house for family night. They will love it and they will
baptize!
I’ll try to respond to your ?s dad in another email. I love you guys
so much and I’m working hard and trying to do what the Lord wants me to do.
Love,
Elder Smith


No comments:
Post a Comment