Tuesday, May 5, 2015

May 5, 2015 - Baptism!

Wooohoo! We baptized for our 3rd week in a row here in the most Linda Vista (translation ~ beautiful view). Elder Duran is my new companion from.....Honduras! My fourth Honduran companion. I love them all! He is from San Pedro Sula or something like that and is a really excellent missionary already. He is really serious compared to my last few companions but I love him a ton already! He came very prepared spiritually and is ready to be obedient and diligent which was what I was praying for. I know we will be seeing many many more miracles. Elder Duran was able to perform the ordinance of baptism on his first Sunday of his mission, which was sweet for him. He was as happy as a clam. I had to say goodbye to Elder Hernandez last Wednesday,  which was harder than I thought it would be. I learned to love that guy! But now Elder Duran and I are companions and ready to hit the ground running or however that expression goes.

Skype. 4:40 PM Guatemala time. Be there or be square! These 5 months since Christmas have passed by so fast and I can’t believe we are calling again. 

This week was great. As a district we have half of the baptisms of the zone so far in May, and we are the smallest district in Amatitlan. We are seeing a ton of miracles and loving life right now. We had 7 people come to church this week and everything is going well. As a mission currently we are focusing on becoming more 'challenging missionaries' and we are putting that into practice by setting a baptismal date in every first lesson taught to investigators. I love doing that, and putting our objective right out on the table in the first lesson. There is an art and a skill to doing it too, which has been fun to develop so that my brothers and sisters in Guatemala can accept and take this step. Heavenly Father knows who he wants in this Church and he is preparing the hearts of the people, just like that family that was baptized (referencing a family in our ward).  All we have to do is be ready to be there with the invitation in hand. If they are prepared, the Lord will touch their hearts. 

We are going for our 4th week in a row in baptizing EVERY WEEK! It is so possible and if you guys could include that in your prayers that would be awesome. We have two investigator brothers currently, Roberto and Brayan. They are both in their 20s and so eager to change their lives. We have taught a lot about the atonement and it has increased my testimony even further. We have been teaching them in the house of members - two 90 year olds, which has been funny and frustrating and spiritual all at once. I love those two guys a lot and am so grateful that I have the chance to teach them.

Well....I shall see you all on Sunday! That’ll be weird! Just kidding, I love you guys so much! 

Love,

Elder Smith


Elder Smith and Elder Hernandez with Hermana Juanita at her baptism 

Elder Smith and Elder Hernandez and sisters in their district

Elder Hernandez (old companion), Elder Smith and Elder Duran (new companion)
 at the change meeting


Elder Duran and Elder Smith at Elder Durans first baptism as a missionary

Elder Smith pictured with Elder Palma - his companion from a few months ago







No comments:

Post a Comment