Mother dear!
Crazy Matthew for killing Kermit....tell him
that he must be in tiptop condition when I come home. Sounds like quite the
story. Would like to hear that one in person one day.
To answer your questions.....
Yes the pictures are from our tour we took
through the mountain zones. Very pretty up there. I think I like that region
the most. Not hot and beautiful scenery.
Successful and not successful missionaries....
good question. One point on this is how we measure success. If we measure
success on baptisms, then we just look at their numbers. But I think it is the
missionaries level of conversion and how they strive to be obedient and change
their very natures and work work work and sincerely try to help a ward
progress. The lives changed through the missionary's efforts is a good measure.
Who's lives? First their own. Second their companions. Third their
investigators and converts. Fourth the ward. Successful missionaries are
disciplined. That is so huge and something I am learning to apply now. I set
the goal to read the scriptures twice a day every day. Without fail. Little
things like that make or break a mission.
Favorite place...seeing the lake by the
volcano is incredible. Plus, I love looking at water so that was fun.
Yes, we have traveled into the far corners of
Guatemala Central. Driving is getting a little old.... I miss the crazy buses.
The signs here in Guatemala are fairly ridiculous...we
went a back road from Solola (3 hours away from the capital) to get home and
there was one sign that said ''Precuation -- Bridge Destroyed'' followed by an
indication to go through the river to the other side. I had a good laugh at
that. But its not too bad in the capital.
I put the goal to go to the gym between 3-4
times a week. It feels good.
Studying. I am learning to FIND TIME. After
we plan I stay at my desk at night and read for 10-15 minutes as time permits
and in other times in the day. It feels good.
The restaurant was breakfast (referencing a picture I asked him about). Beans and
tamales and eggs! I would eat that bean soup that aunt Lori denied (on a trip with us to Costa Rica) so fast now!
From my current perspective it looked quite delicious.
Love you guys. Thanks for all the support mom
and dad. Just trying to work hard and do what I love doing.
Love,
Elder Smith
No comments:
Post a Comment