Tuesday, August 30, 2016

August 30, 2016 - Exit stage left..

The Work of God is unhindered and goes forward, no matter who goes home and when! Everyone is bugging me nonstop that I go home in 14 days. That is so strange to hear and I am strangely desensitized to the thought. I am so used to missionary life. It will be missed. I had my exit interview with President on Sunday night in his living room. It was great. Lots of advice, mostly on marriage and choosing the right girl. Also one that really stuck out to me: ''Maintain Personal Worship Habits''. That will be my goal. I am so very grateful to have had President and Sister Markham as my Mission President for the entire 2 years. I feel so prepared and so...taught. They are so loving and sensitive and have been and will be fantastic examples for me forever. I love them.

Elder Diaz and I baptized on Sunday. Her name is Jessica. She has gone to church for 3+ months and we could not for the life of us find her mother to have her sign her baptism record thing (she had not seen her mom for 3 years). But on Sunday morning we were driving Sister Markham to a place in the Capital and Elder Diaz got a call on the phone from our Ward Mission Leader, ''Elders, I got the signature!'' He had gone of his own will and out of his way to take Jessica in his car to look for her mom on Sunday Morning. That’s what I call taking initiative! It was a great service and she asked me to baptize her and it was an honor. The special feeling of performing a saving ordinance never could get old. We are looking to baptize 5-6 more in these next 2 weeks.

Hmm..I don’t know what else to say. I just love you guys. Thanks dad for helping me out with the lake stuff, that will be great to start working right away. If you could ask around in the ward/stake/friends for other work opportunities that would be much appreciated. Mom, question, what would you like me to save or bring home of the stuff that you sent with me? Sheets, pillow, towels, shoes (my big boots are still OK, should I bring them home or give them to a needy elder here or is Matthew more needy), toothbrushes, 2 year old beef jerky and m&ms, etc. Just tell me what you think.

Anyways. Have a great week everyone. Good works and charity, that’s what its all about.


Love,   
Elder Smith

P-day at the zoo

 August 28, 2016   -   Jessica's baptism


No comments:

Post a Comment