Tuesday, September 1, 2015

September 1, 2015- Leaving my Linda Vista

Hello FAMILIA!!

They called me yesterday to tell me I have changes. Its real strange thinking that I wont be here in Linda Vista anymore. I have so many precious memories here that I will never ever forget. And people I will remember forever and ever. Miracles, conversion, learning how to love, etc. Linda Vista has changed me forever and has prepared me for whatever the Lord has in store. I was talking with my zone leader the other day about why we have the callings we have. He said that ''the Lord always prepares his children for the next stage of their lives.'' I testify of that. Every companion or investigator I have had has prepared me for every ''next step'' I have had thus far in my mission. I have no clue as to where I will be going. I was born in the coast, have been in the almost capital for 6 months.....I’m just missing...the mountains?? But who knows.

It will be hard to leave Elder Casillas. We talked this morning about why we had been together. Because I was supposed to leave Linda Vista this past change (if you follow the normal pattern of things) but the Lord had a very different plan. I told him that the Lord had had this change we had together planned for a long long time. I received some very specific revelations about him even BEFORE he came that helped me through the course of the time I had with him. And when I walked into the change meeting 6 weeks ago, I immediately ''recognized'' him and leaned over and told Elder Duran that he would be my companion. The Lord loves him so much and I am so thankful for the role I played in his training. I love Elder Casillas!

WOOW. Elder Nelson was so awesome. He was very funny and apologized deeply (via TV) to us in Guatemala for not being able to be with us in person. A couple notes:

1. Missionaries have to EARN referrals, not just ASK for them (sometimes I get caught in that trap)

2. I was searching for some revelation on how to be more consecrated. I had been meditating the Maxwell talk you guys gave me and I was pondering on Acts 5 where Ananias and Saphira ''kept back part of the price'' (what is the price in our day...Matt 22:37). Elder Nelson answered me by saying that ''Everything comes under the umbrella of the love of God. Even your wife.'' It was funny that he was talking about marriage but the point is clear. We must love god and give him ALL, because ''he first love us'' (1 John 4:19).

It was a fantastic conference.

We were also able to go the temple. It was incredible. I love the temple and was wishing that I could be there with you guys Mom and Dad. I have precious memories of the temple that most definitely include you two. It is a holy place and I was definitely spiritually energized.

Love you guys. Was looking at the date today and noticed that its September. Can you believe I left on my mission in September?? I can’t. But I love every minute and am trying to give my all.

Have a wonderful week,

Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment