Wow wow
wow what a week we had here. Full of interviews and divisions and
drastic changes in the mission. But I am enjoying every second of it and loving
the new responsibilities I have and the role I am trying my best to fill. As a mission
we are trying to ''Get to the Next Level'' (love that example you gave dad
about reaching 1 more inch) and the assistants came last Friday (unannounced)
to do divisions with Elder G and I. It was a blast and they told us to
plan a little talk for a zone meeting the following day. We got everyone
together on Saturday morning and the assistants gave us a big gnarly wake up
call. I don’t know if you guys knew this but last year our mission was the
number 1 mission in all of Central America. Now we are number 3. Why? Its
because we are moving slow. If you remember my first letters (a year ago!) I
talked about walking super super fast all over the place. But as a mission our
diligence and sacrifice in that aspect has gone way down, as well as our
obedience with exactness. But the alarm has sounded and we are heeding the
call. There are many new rules in place that I know will be a difficult for
some to accept. But if the Lord needs me to change, I will do it. Trying to
take the example of Nephi right now. ''As for me and my zone, we will serve the
Lord''. Lovin it.
MIRACLES
For this Sunday
we have planned (as a ward)..... NINE baptisms. 7 of those are ours, 2 from the
ward. And we also have 1 or 2 from another ward that we cover. Elder Guzman and
I are walking on water. 5 of those are a couple neighbor kids that are
references from the Bishop. I learned that it is important to have a solid
relationship with the bishop and to never ever ever criticize ward leadership.
But I am really just loving this area because we are going to baptize more in
one day than I have in the past 2 months combined. ONLY IN THE COAST!!!!
FUNNIES
It rains
here. Hard. And when it rains, we travel in buses. Well, everyone and their dog
travels in buses. So this past Thursday we were traveling from one appt. to
another that was a little far away when it started to POUR. So we hopped in a
bus with 300 other people. So I ended up hanging onto the door out side of the
bus with my feet on the platform and every time the bus would stop I would get
off to let people out. And on the second stop I stepped off the platform just
in time to hear someone say ''watch out!'' and the next thing I know, I am
waist high in a gutter. It was just one of those ''now what?'' moments and I
just started to laugh along with the rest of the bus. Classic. I have problems
here with falling in water if you haven’t noticed...
SPIRITUAL
Have you
ever listened for the voice of Christ when you take the Sacrament on Sunday?
Enos 1 verse 5.
Love you
guys so much. How fun that KK and dad got to head up in the woods. Those pix
made me jealous. Matt how awesome it is to hear that Kermit is back in action.
Love that. MOM CONGRATS ON ANOTHER PRIMARY PROGRAM ACCOMPLISHED. Well done
mother. Until next year! But schedule it so that I can come.....
Love
Elder Smith
No comments:
Post a Comment