Tuesday, August 25, 2015

August 25, 2015 - 1000

Family,

Wow, this was quite a week, filled with ups and downs as usual. We decided to buckle down and fast and contact 1000 souls in Linda Vista. I had done this about 2 months ago with Elder Duran but it was a ton of fun with Elder Casillas because he is about the funniest person I have ever met. But we achieved our goal and we are seeing miracles. We found a family of ¡EIGHT! that are super prepared to accept Jesus in their hearts. We will be baptizing one of the kids this weekend at our White Afternoon (where the whole stake gets together and we baptize and baptize and baptize) and then in the next couple of weeks the rest will follow. So that was the milagro we saw this week and we are seeing more and more day after day. God is a God of miracles!

So they already made the calls to tell you if you are training....and they didn’t call me. Who knows what will happen to me this next change (changes are in 8 days by the way) but it is very probable that I would stay here for my 5th change to finish Elder Casillas's training. President Markham called me twice the other week and asked me if I had bought my house in Linda Vista yet. I told him they were going to call me as bishop. Its sweet to be in one place for a while. I would love all my areas to be like that.

Dad you asked me to tell the funniest experience this week. Lets just say I got in a little argument with a Jehovah’s Witness... Imagine an 80 year old woman with an umbrella and a bible yelling at poor Elder Smith ''Don’t call me Sister! I am not your Sister!'' because we call everyone hear by sister or brother to address them. Then I asked her that if she wasn’t my sister, what was she. ''I am nothing to you.'' That’s cold kids.... that’s cold. It brought back memories of passing by the Kingdom Hall on... Berg Street I think it is? Most JWs are very nice.

The best thing I ate all week... A member made us chow mien and an asparagus soup. It was the bomb. 

Spiritual experience/prompting combined. The ward had their ward conference this past Sunday and the Stake President spoke. He told the ward to ask themselves 2 questions.

1. What was the last experience you had with your earthly father?

2. What was the last experience you had with your Heavenly Father?

I'll give you a little time to answer those.

But it really hit me. Because one was crying in the Sacramento Airport and the other was a prayer I had made earlier in the day. We need daily communication (two-way) with our Heavenly Father. Father is his preferred title for a reason. Just a little food for thought there.

Love you guys a ton. I have very fond memories of my family. That is not the case for all, for which I am eternally grateful. Love the mission. Love Linda Vista. Trying to be better each day. Trying to be an answer to others prayers. Would encourage you all to do the same. LOVE LOVE LOVE you guys!


Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment