Tuesday, September 29, 2015

A Long Goodbye / The Best Week Ever

I would like to pay my quick respects to Max. He was a good dog with an occasional temper. Very loving and a little bit dainty. May he rest in peace. I know that families are eternal....and does that include pets? Just some food for thought.

This was an amazing week! So busy and full of miracles. We had three divisions this week as always and then on Saturday we had an ‘'Area Attack'' in Puerto San Jose. This is basically where we have the entire zone (10 missionaries) go to one area and do missionary work to find new investigators and work with the converts and more.  For this day, I was asked to teach several lessons to a young boy that was scheduled to be baptized.  That ended up taking a good chunk of the day.  As a Zone, we ended up finding many many prepared people. 

After the area attack we spent the rest of our day with a district leader to do SIX baptismal interviews. It was his first time doing interviews so he had to learn quick! It took the whole rest of the day. 

On Saturday night, we enjoyed our first baptism of the change and month (of Elder Guzman and I). His name is Jose Carlos. He is from another ward that we have responsibility for, and at the baptismal service we were blessed to find 3-4 additional people that are ready for the gospel.

Then came Sunday! That was a fun day. I will do my best to send the picture a little later but it was a blizzard! We had 13 people dressed in white!   Such a blessing to see 7 baptisms as a ward on Sunday, 5 of them were individuals that Elder Guzman and I were able to teach, and an additional two were 8 year olds that joined in this special day of white. It was such a wonderful service, and the ward really showed their support, and even brought a cake.  The power of Godliness was manifest! It was one of those unforgettable memories I will always carry from my mission. Neither Elder Guzman nor I had ever participated in a baptism of so many souls on one day or in one weekend.   The Lord is hastening His work here in this area.   As a Zone, we were blessed with more baptisms in September than we've had in a while.   


I am really loving the work. It is so wonderful and such a privilege to be here in Guatemala at this time. I don't ever want to leave.

Love you guys too. You guys are so wonderful and so supportive of me. Thank you for everything.

Elder Smith








Day of White


No comments:

Post a Comment