Tuesday, August 11, 2015

August 11, 2015 -Week number 21

Was counting the weeks I have been here in Linda Vista and came up with 21. That’s a lot of weeks... And mom to answer your question, yes the people here know me very well. Too well... They know how I whistle and speak and knock and don’t come to the door because they recognize its me. It was funny last night after a family night we were knocking doors and I knocked one I have been to like over 10 times. They turned on the porch lights, looked out the little window in the middle of the door, and then shut it and the light off. Classic rejection. I have lots of friends here though that I have made. They want nothing to do with the Church but always let me in because we're friends. Love la Linda Vista. I will be very sad when I leave this place. It is the smallest area in the whole zone but I have grown to love this place with all my heart.

We are going to baptize a youngin named Oliver this Sunday. He was going to be baptized like 2 weeks ago but he likes to drink coffee.... Seriously I hate coffee. It is Satan’s tool to have people not be baptized. But he is a cool kid and we have been trying really hard to help him out. Always fulfilling to the max to see changes in the people. My convert Rony Winter was able to bless the water during the Sacrament this last Sunday. He did awesome and it was great to see him using his Aaronic Priesthood. Then after sacrament he went with another priest to deliver the sacrament to members that couldn’t come. President Hinckley said that ''activity is the genius of the church'' and it is true. If we are doing something, we progress. That is especially critical for the new members. The mission is focusing a whole bunch right now on retention. Elder Alonso promised us last month that if we retain, we will double the amount of baptisms we have. That is a powerful promise. Seeing that I have converts from past elders that go to another church now.... looks like I have work to do.

For p-day yesterday we went to Walmart (in Villa Nueva) and bought food. Then we waged an all-out war against the cockroaches in our house and we came out victorious. There were some casualties but the house is intact and we didn’t suffocate with the entire bottle of bug killer we used. But ya we cleaned the house. And I made my bed (can I go out when I get home dad??) and put everything in order so that we can have the revelation we need! Matt remember that if your room isn’t clean, the spirit can’t dwell there. But the cockroaches can. Are there cockroaches in our house mom?  (NO!!!!:)

This week we had a breakthrough with Elder Casillas. Everyone (at least in this mission, the best in the whole world) needs a ''breakthrough moment'' when they look at themselves in the mirror and let Christ in. I have seen it every time I have trained and I saw it in my own training. Maybe when I come home I will explain it. But it has to do with conversion and the ''changes'' that I talked about in my letters in the beginning of my mission. It is a beautiful thing!

Love you guys. Double hugs from Guatemala to California today.

Elder Smith

PS-  KK how is school?  Oh ya I forgot you’re still not in it. HA HA!

Matt keep killin it at school! Are you going to work at the lake on weekends or anything??      always wished I had done that.

Mommy I love you so much and thanks for the ideas on what to write!

Papa Smith-  long live Nasser! I can’t exactly remember what that guy did but laughed when I read that guys name. Tell him I say hi from Guatemala.  



El Distrito Linda Vista

When the chocolate I was heating up for the chocobananos exploded.  Whoops!!

No comments:

Post a Comment