Wow wasn’t
conference awesome!!? I could not get enough of it. How fun that you guys got
to go and see it. I have fond memories of going there when I was 8 (although I
remember playing in a water park more than the messages....) and a few years
ago with Dad and Matt and Grandpa. I think we went to priesthood session. Dad I’ll
take you up on your offer to go there in October! I had some moments to reflect
and it hit me that next time I watch conference.... I wont be in Guatemala. I
quickly hid the thought.
Some of
my favorite quotes:
- In the Gospel, we get credit for trying.
- There is nothing good unless we do it.
- Ill never no never, never no never, never no never no never Forsake. (7th verse of how firm a foundation)
I brought
3 questions to Conference that I hoped would get answered. I’ll share one with
you. ''How can I receive more power in the priesthood?'' And oh boy, when
President Nelson started speaking I thought and wrote in my notebook ''I think
this talk is for me....''
I found
myself in tears when I heard the 7th verse of How Firm a Foundation from Elder
Hallstrom I think it was. Maybe because it was speaking of people from a
foreign land and I am in a foreign land with people I love and living and
witnessing their faith but It was a ''moment'' for me.
I know
that this Church is true. That the Savior and His Gospel heals.
We had 9
investigators come to church. 4 of which are new investigators. I want to tell
you guys about Jonathon. I don’t know if I have started his story in another
email but I don’t care! He is the only one in his family that kept listening to
us after we started teaching. The family was so negative that I stopped coming!
We had given them a Book of Mormon. One day in the street last week Elder Garcia
and I were knocking on the door of some less actives when I saw him (Jonathon).
I felt prompted to have a lesson with him as soon as possible. I called a few
members houses nearby but everyone was busy and no one could let us in. So we
taught him standing up in the street (something I rarely do). He told us that
he had been reading. And that he liked it. That he wants to keep going and
follow this road. The next day when we challenged him to get baptized he said
''Why not?'' Oh how I love that attitude! I love that ''Why not?'' kind of
faith. I want to have ''Why not?'' faith. Anyways, he went to both days of
conference (after some good old fashioned elder smith persistence...and
insistence) and loved it. Last night he challenged himself to get baptized this
Sunday. I believe in the converting power of the Holy Ghost. I trust him to
teach all of my investigators, because there is no other way to teach them.
The zone
is good. We are trying to change the mindset here. Poco a poco! We had an
awesome zone training just now and I felt the spirit so strong. Good stuff.
Well
family, asi termina otra carta mas de elder Smith.
Love you
guys
Elder Smith
No comments:
Post a Comment