Tuesday, April 19, 2016

April 19, 2016 - At Last

Wow dad I loved your email. It was a bit long but I read every line! I am so glad that everything turned out fine with Youth Conference, I said a few silent prayers for you and for the event during the week. I wish I could have been a part of it! That is such a choice experience I imagine for those youth that are to serve missions. Letting the Holy Spirit guide your words and mind in a teaching environment is exhilarating and now they have a little taste of what is to come. This week my companion and I have had quite a few experiences like that.

Kathryn you look so good in braces! Better than I did!

Mom, I just love you and you are the best mother ever and I love that you are quick to defend Gospel Truths. 

We baptized in Comalapa this last Sunday. I can now say that I have baptized in 7 of my 7 wards/branches I have been in. His name is Fernando Gonzalez and he’s 68 years old.  When we asked him when he wanted to get baptized he just told us ''Whenever you tell me!'' I love that! Sunday was pretty much insane because Elder Garcia went all the way to Comalapa at 7oclock in the morning and I stayed here with another member until 11 and then I headed out to Comalapa. But all in all it was a fulfilling experience.

I think I have mentioned the Monroy Family quite a few times in my letters but THEY ARE FINALLY GETTING BAPTIZED. That is why I named this letter ''AT LAST''. 2 Saturdays ago we had a literal spiritual battle lesson with them for more than an hour (I have never taught someone so long...) and it was the sweetest thing ever. But the man Selvin still was reluctant and denied the invitation to get baptized. We left the house so content and at peace, which was odd because Selvin was still as hard as a rock. But this last Tuesday we went to Comalapa and while we were there Carolina called us and said ''Elders, my husband wants to get baptized!'' I responded and said (in shock...) ''Seriously? That is so great. The Lord finally touched his heart!'' ''The Lord touched his heart and so did I'' she said, I thought that that was so funny. They will be baptized at 12:15 this Sunday after Stake Conference. They are so special to me. I gave one of the pictures of the Temple that you guys sent me and put the date on it that says 01 of May 2017. That is the date they can go to the temple. If its possible I want to go back to see them get married in the Temple. Mom and dad you would love them.

So that was the biggest miracle of the week. There are too many to count nowadays and but luckily my journal is getting full day after day! Elder Garcia and I are working hard and working smart. That is the best combination. All done with the spirit. I feel closer than ever to my Savior and rely on him when I most need him, which is all the time! All I want is to make Him happy and you guys too. I only have 5 months left and I have a lot left to do!

Love you guys to forever and back,
Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment