I think
that if we have the goal to get better in something every single day, one day
we will look back and not recognize who we were or where we were.
This last
week was one of the best weeks of my mission and one of the most memorable. A
couple of highlights:
We went
to Comalapa as a zone and gave service at an old folks home. We cooked food,
swept and mopped, cleaned windows, etc. Then we gathered all the older fellows
into the kitchen and sang them a couple songs. I thoroughly enjoyed it and the
zone too. An 80 year old lady broke mission rules and gave me a hug. Twice. But
all is well!
We
baptized Jonathon. Oh man that was the sweetest. Never gets old. He said last
night during a family night ''I just felt new!'' and on Sunday night after the
baptism ''the more I serve God, the better''. That is one convert that
understands Mosiah 18:8-10!
We had 14
people at church! 11 people came to church in our home ward (the most we have
had here here in Chimal is 5) and in Comalapa we had 3. The sweetest feeling
ever for a missionary is having people in church. Super alegre. Jonathon’s
whole family came and supported him and now are investigating the church. It is
a large family.
To answer
a couple questions......yes I got the package and have worn the brown shoes
almost every day since I got them! And yes I teach in the house of members all
the time. I have a goal to get a member in every lesson and to not knock doors
at all and if possible to have every lesson in the house of a member. I do that
to help the investigators progress and to stay after they get baptized. And its
a whole lot more fun and fulfilling that way.
Dad, that
plan for the youth conference looks awesome. I feel like we should do something
like that here in Chimal. Its a strong stake with a lot of youth. Good luck
with that dad and I will be praying for you!
Mom......yes
that is bad to say that I’ll be home for this next primary program! Time is
short...
Don’t
have too much time today but know that I am taking advantage of every
opportunity and learning as much as I can. I love my Savior and finding and
baptizing his Chosen sheep. They are out there!
Love,
Elder Smith
No comments:
Post a Comment