That is
the quote from my mission president that he said when he called me on the phone
on Sunday night. He and Hermana Markham were able to attend the baptismal
service on Sunday after stake conference. The M Family are 100% baptized.
It was one of the most memorable moments of my mission, if not my life. I can’t
describe how I felt. Maybe like Alma 29:9. It was such a long journey (they had
investigated the church off and on for 20 years) and I am so grateful to be a
part of it. Their son Selvin asked me to baptize him after he was interviewed
so I was able to get dressed in white too. The room where the service was held
was full to the brim because the ward has been waiting for this moment for a
long, long time. Most members already thought they were members. Carolina, the
wife, said the closing prayer at the end and it was the sweetest prayer I have
ever heard. So sincere and so grateful. She was bawling her eyes out as she
prayed. I hope you guys (mom and dad and family) will be able to meet them. Yesterday
we had a family night with them and they began to talk about the 1st of May
2017, the day that their youngest child will turn 8 and the day that they will
be able to enter into the temple as a family. They want me to come. I know that’s
a little far off but Dad....you never took me to Europe.....
Basically
that’s all I can remember from this week.
Stake
Conference was also great. These leaders here in Chimal are really great.
Animated and inspired. Literally the whole conference was focused on families
and marriage (focus jake...focus...haha). Satan is attacking the family down
here big time. One has to be always always on guard to not let him just come in
and destroy everything, because I’ve seen it happen in every area I’ve been in.
And on the positive side, there are also scores of families that are fighting to
do their very best. Brigham Young said that if we are to find seats in the
celestial kingdom, we will find that we must fight every day. And that’s what
good families do. I think that’s what we do. I am so grateful to come from the
family I come from. You guys are such an example to me.
I love my
Savior. I heard the spirit whisper to me several times this week ''everything
is going to be OK. don’t worry''. Those soft assurances help me tremendously. I
know my Savior loves me. He has given me the most perfect of circumstances and
I try my best every day to make the best out of them. He helps me along. Little
by little I have been able to change who I am and recognize the magnitude of
things I still must change. But with Him, I have come to learn that all is more
than possible. Its easy. Because His burden is light.
I love
you guys more than you can imagine. I can’t believe that the 8th of may will be
my fourth and last call home.... but I am not holding anything back in these
last 4ish months. I can’t. Because I know there are more families waiting for
me and my companions. Pray that I will find them!
LOVE,
Elder Smith
No comments:
Post a Comment