Well
family, the miracle occurred! God showed forth his hand and all five of my
beloved friends here in Golondrinas got baptized on Sunday. It was the craziest
week of my mission but I have never before felt so satisfied and loved by God.
Tomas got baptized without a hitch. We spent a half hour before the service
wrapping him in plastic bags, more plastic bags, tape, saran wrap, more tape,
more saran wrap, and some rubber strips to tie it all down. (Tomas, as referenced in previous letters, has medical
issues making getting in the water for baptism complicated) Elder
Bazzell and another convert of mine that helped find Tomas in the first place
all went down in the font together to baptize, in a classic fireman carry. It
was the most epic, memorable baptism ever. Not counting John the Baptist and
Jesus, because that was a little more important. Tomas came out of the water
smiling, content and saying ''Thanks to God...thanks to God!'' My heart was
saying the same thing.
After the
service, Elder Bazzell and I went home on cloud 9... (''We baptized Tomas!! He
got baptized!'') We sat there reflecting while we ate some mashed potatoes from
a Christmas package and two thoughts just pressed on our minds.
1. Just
get out of the way
2. I can
do mine own work
God is in
charge. I saw that this week. He made everything happen. There were seriously
so many things that could have gone wrong with these people (we didn’t even
know one other man was to be baptized until he showed up at his interview and
passed it!) but God gave them answers, the faith, and the way to get there. I can’t
express how I feel. I want to be a missionary forever, because I now live for
these kind of experiences.... Like Grandpa T would say, ''You can’t pay for these
kind of experiences!'' Its hard to replicate.
Other
news:
Tomorrow
we are going to the Zoo! We worked like normal yesterday and will have pday
tomorrow. That will be fun.
I will be
leaving Golondrinas the 16th of Feb. Too soon.
Oh yeah mom, I think I would just like to come back (to Guatemala) in December (return to his mission with the family) That would be best. And can I spend money to send the nativity sets home? I would have to do it in this week.
Oh yeah mom, I think I would just like to come back (to Guatemala) in December (return to his mission with the family) That would be best. And can I spend money to send the nativity sets home? I would have to do it in this week.
HAPPY
BIRTHDAY KK! LOVE YOU!
Hope
everyone has a wonderful week!
Love,
No comments:
Post a Comment