The sun is always shining in Escuintla folks. That’s
just how it is. We are doing great and seeing some ginormous miracles right
now. We have 5 baptisms planned for this weekend. It will probably be the
craziest week of my mission. But it will be the best.
Hmmm just some things I was wondering about. So
I got 2 nativity sets. they are a LOT bigger than I thought they’d be. I was
thinking, I could leave the nativity sets here with a member family and then we
could we just come back in December (that means not coming to pick me up) if it
were possible. Or I could find a way (expensive) to send them home. Or throw
some stuff away out of my bags and fit them in that way! What do you think?
Other questions from dad.... I know this is my last transfer in Escuintla
because that’s just how the dice roll! President told me. I will be going
somewhere new this next change, to my 5th area. Brown shoes are good. I don’t
have a belt but I could find one. 43 is best for shoes.
Mannn, I just cannot remember what happened
this week! We just worked really super hard and felt the hand of the Lord as we
worked in His vineyard this week. I have been really super focused on helping
less actives and converts recently (that is what a lot of the mission
conference was about). All 5 of the baptisms we’ll have this weekend are from
working with converts and less actives. One of my converts goes out every day
in the place where he lives and preaches the gospel every day by himself! He
has his own supply of pamphlets and everything. But anyway, we had some
wonderful finding experiences this past week where we were led by the spirit to
less actives that we wouldn’t have found any other way.
I have been thinking about the 2 antidotes to
''less activism''.
1. BOM every every every day
2. Daily Repentance
If we do those 2 things often enough
(daily......) we will never go inactive. We need to learn to love the Book of Mormon.
And we need to feel the atonement every day to be able to be motivated to repent
on a daily basis. That way the small sins wont turn into big ones. We all have
a little pride cycle process inside of ourselves that happens ''in not many
years''. Those 2 things I mentioned are the most powerful things to beat it and
lead us on the right road (Helaman 3:29-30). In this little time, I have before
I leave all my beloved converts here in Golondrinas, those are the 2 things I
am trying to teach them. I pray that you, my family, will be able to do them as
well.
Well, I sure love you guys. Keep praying for
the guy (Tomas) without a leg so that his baptism goes well!! Tengo fe!
Love,
Elder Smith
No comments:
Post a Comment