Thursday, February 18, 2016

February 17, 2016 - CHIMAL

Hey guys,

Well the Escuintla days are over, the Lord called me to serve in Chimaltenango. It is GORGEOUS. I am finally in the mountains. It is literally a different world up here.....a whole new world! But I will get used to it. I got rejected in the street and in doors yesterday for the first time in a LONG time. The people here are very set in their ways. I think the Lord leaves me in areas for a while because I get pretty nervous when I have to change and this change was no different...until I got on the bus at 5 in the morning and started praying and reading the BOM. I just told the Lord that I would do what He asks of me and in return he would help me find His chosen children. And oh how He spoke peace to my mind (Alma 58:11)! I just felt that all would be well. And it was. Yesterday Elder Diaz (my fifth Honduran comp), and I just left with all the faith in the world to find someone to teach. We got rejected real hard but just kept going. And the Lord led us to an incredibly prepared family to teach. They accepted everything and then at the end the wife said the prayer and just started BAWLING. Seriously crying so hard. She told the Lord in her prayer that she would do anything He asked of her. The Lord provides.

Leaving Golondrinas was so hard. They had a weird meeting at the end of church where everyone went to the front of the room and said goodbye to me and said a few words. It was nice to see people I love but I honestly felt really awkward. They bought me a cake and sang a few songs. I love Guatemalans. I had a few very spiritual and emotional goodbyes as I said farewell to a couple of converts in their homes. I sat down to say goodbye to the preacher guy we baptized in December and the only words I was able to get out was ''Gracias'' and then we both just broke down. I wrote a lot of it down in my journal so I wont bore you with details. It just felt good to know I gave it my all there. I don’t think I held anything back.


But now I’m in Chimaltenango. In the cold and among the lovely people of the mountains.

Love,
Elder Smith



Elder Smiths preacher friend - those aren't his glasses:)




No comments:

Post a Comment