Those pictures from Aspen Grove look incredible. I have fond memores from that place. It seems like it was forever ago that we went there. How fun for you mom to be with your mom and sisters. I always love being in that environment because there is so much love and humor. The Throckmortons sure know how to laugh! I appreciated the short clip from mitch and aunt jenn and aunt lori and aunt karen. Really loved that and how strange it sounds to hear that mitchy is already home..and speaking spanish. Time goes by fast. But glad that everyone could have a great week and learn a lot from those lectures.
This week I received my new comp Elder Casillas. He is from Coahuila Mexico and is 18 years old. It was quite difficult to say goodbye to Elder Duran. He turned out okay and now is in El Frutal more towards the capital. We had a ton of success together and we totally cried like girls a little bit in our last companionship inventory. I loved the spirit we felt together and how cool it was to watch him get converted and see so so so many miracles. Elder Casillas is my third kid I will be training. The zone says I am cursed to train in linda vista for the rest of eternity. Kind of funny but I really love it. Being with new missionaries is always a little adventure. Elder Casillas was not expecting the type of mission that he entered into and we are now walking together side by side on the Road to Damascus where we come to a point where we say ''Who art thou Lord?'' And ''What wilt thou have me to do?''. It takes a while to come to the point where a new missionary asks that question, but when they do, the Lord answers them very quickly. It will be fun to see that process happen all over again. I dont know if I will be with him for 6 weeks or 12, but I will do my best.
Our investigator Rony got confirmed this past Sunday. Oh how I love that man. Cant explain it. Elder Casillas will be baptizing his first person in 6 hours. Her name is Froila and she is a 60 year old widow that the Lord put in our path 2 months ago when we were contacting in the street. She is the sweetest little old lady that I have ever met and the Lord just wants her in His Church. We have another for this Sunday, a teenager named Oliver. Pure member reference right there.
As a zone amatitlan in August our goal is 81 baptisms. When we heard the goal we were all sort of shocked but the Lord put it and I know we can acheive. Every companionship needs to baptize 6. Very reachable goal and by the first Sunday Elder Casillas and I will have the third of our goal. If you could pray for that goal as well that would be great!
Well, I always want you guys to know how much I love you. Its a big love. Its hard to be far away and not able give hugs or anything, but I am just trying to work as hard as I can to show that love to the Lord. I love being a missionary. It is the hardest but most rewarding thing I have ever done.
Love,
Elder Smith
No comments:
Post a Comment