Tuesday, July 7, 2015

July 7, 2015 -Another week in Guate

Hello my dear family!

Greetings from Amatitlan, Guatemala. I am in the area of my Zone leaders right now on divisions. This is the first time I have left my area in all my time here in Linda Vista and I feel weird. So used to living and working in that area. If everything goes like I think it will, this is my almost last week in Linda Vista because I'll probably have changes. But who knows because the Lord's plan is His plan and not mine! But anyway, I'll be missing this place in my other area because it has changed my life. Every week has been so satisfying and I have baptized a lot of people that I have grown to love with my whole heart and the members are so incredible and more than anything I am more converted than ever. It was very difficult to leave my first area but I think it will be double to leave the second.

Couple highlights from this week

1. Baptized a 14-year-old named Julio. He is the brother of Katarin. Katarin is already preparing to serve a mission. Katarin got confirmed.

2. Got interviewed by the Amatitlan TV network. The zone did a service day with the stake. We planted trees and cleaned the building and washed chairs and swept the block around the street. At the end of the activity a tv crew showed up and they caught a gringo in action planting trees.... Maybe the interview is on the internet, look it up maybe?? It was funny and super random.

3. Went to Antigua again yesterday for zone p-day. I love that place. If we ever get to come here as a family, we have to go to Antigua. I dulged a little bit and ate at a steakhouse.... it was so delicious. Bought a cool shirt and a couple binders and notebooks. Took some sweet photos that I'll try to send in a little bit.

4. Interviews with President Markham. Still have to write down all I learned in my journal. Remember that when we pray, we kneel at an altar.

Thats about all that I remember from this week. This past week went by SO fast. Couldn't believe it on Sunday night. Days and weeks just blend together. I love being a missionary. I am trying right now to just be better and not let the days pass by without being a different 'Elder Smith' every day. It's hard and I'm still not super good at it but I'm getting there. Jesus Christ will take me there.

My favorite chapter from the Book of Mormon this week was Alma 24. It is divided up in the Testimony of Anti Lehi Nephi (king) where he bears his testimony of the atonement in a different way and a testament of the covenant that the ex-lamanites made with the Lord. Loved that and could apply so many different aspects of the story to my life and where I'm at as a disciple of Christ.

''Mighty Prayer'' is the Sacrifice we give to the Lord. 3 quick follow up questions. Who sacrificed the most in human history? What was He doing when He did it? How can we follow His example?

Love you guys a ton,

Elder Smith


 Zone Pday in Antigua -       Elder Smith and Elder Duran

No comments:

Post a Comment