Really
sorry about losing the credit card. I wrote dad this but we had to wake up at 3
in the morning yesterday to go to Guate so that Elder Duran could sign some
stuff and not get deported. So we were both kind of out it and I lost the card.
I was super bummed about that and don’t like to cause problems. But things
happen for a reason! And maybe its so that I wouldn’t buy pizza this Thursday
and get sick. The Lord has a plan!
This week
was pretty crazy. We had to wake up at 5 or earlier the whole week and I feel
it! The Lord always blesses us with extra energy from his Spirit to work like
crazies and teach His word. Besides that, my companion also lost the only key
to our house on Saturday. It was raining Guatemalan style and it got lost in
the rush. He didn’t tell me until we had to enter the house at the assigned
hour and yada yada yada we ending sleeping at another elders house about 20 minutes
away in car. He felt really really bad about it. I had to use every single
ounce of Jacob Smith patience that I have in my being in order to help the
situation. He asked me the next day at church why I didn’t get mad and I just
told him ''it’s because I love you enough''. That is one thing I have learned
over and over again in these last 8 months. In order to truly love someone (and
love as in the Christ like pure love), you must be ready to and must suffer for
them to some degree. ''You can do hard things'' takes on a whole other meaning
when you must suffer for another person, and do it out of love. The next day I
sat him down after Church (he was really down on himself) and read him a couple
verses from Alma 17 and 26 where it speaks of Aaron and Ammon and their bros being
about to go back, but the Lord said unto them ''Be ye comforted.'' and they
were comforted. I told him that things happen. But after things happen, the
only thing we can do is keep the faith and the smile on our face. The trials
will always always be present. Sometimes we can change 2 NE 2:25 to ''Adam fell
that man might be, and man is that he might have trials.'' But in the end its
not the amount or type of the trial, but the way we respond. I could see his
countenance change as he read the scriptures and now everything is back to
normal.
Well I
sure love you guys. And don’t worry, I have stopped crying from a couple Sundays
ago when we skyped. Matt, that is incredible that we won sections. So pumped
for you and your times. Kathryn, sorry I couldn’t write you a little note last
week. But Know that I love you so much and want you to read your scriptures
every day. And keep up the good work in swim; I know you will grow into a
butterflyer no matter what Matt says to you. Thank you mom and dad for your
support. Thank you for helping me develop into who I am today. And I know that
I am not done developing, that’s why I’m on a mission, but thank you for giving
me a head start. I love you guys so much. Eternal families are so cool. Glad to
be a part of one.
LOVE,
Elder Smith
No comments:
Post a Comment