Tuesday, May 12, 2015

May 11, 2015 - Baptism!

Family!

It was so great to see and talk with you guys on Sunday. I think I cried more than the sisters in the zone.... but that’s OK! I don’t know why I do that, I think I forget about you guys sometimes and when I see everyone there all my emotions for you 4 come back and I can’t help but shed a tear. All the elders came and gave me a huge hug after trying to console me... IM FINE IM FINE! It’s all good though and I’m back to normal and baptizing.

The baptism went well. I was able to perform the ordinance for hermanito Roberto. He is a special little guy and I love him. He reminds me of Matt when he was younger.  He was a little miracle in and of himself. We have now baptized for 4 weeks in a row and we're not about to stop now! We are hoping for a miracle this week the 17th and we have 4 ready to go for the 24th. That will be a good day!!!

We are seeing so many miracles in Linda Vista and I know it is because we have the Spirit with us and we are being obedient. Elder Duran is unbelievable in this regard. For example, yesterday it poured and poured here and for a straight hour and a half we got rejected. After an hour I began to get real frustrated because I can typically get in the majority of houses. Just be patient the lord told me. And I was. We knocked the last door we had time for until we had to go to a family night and they finally.....rejected us once again. Until a young man walked by and the woman at the door said, ''no wait don’t leave, this youngin needs God.'' she said it semi jokingly but that is always an opportunity to swoop in and teach. And we did. And we found 7 people to be baptized the 7th of June. Then we ran up the hill to a family night where we found two to be baptized the 24th of May and the 31 of May. So many miracles upon miracles! I love it!

I am doing great. Calling you guys just pumped me up to another level and I want to walk even faster and consecrate myself even more. Pray for Wendy, Roberto, Mario, and Rodrigo. Thank you -love you sosososo much!


Luv ya
Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment