Tuesday, May 24, 2016

May 24, 2016 - Why Do You Call Yourselves ''Mormons''?

I love answering that question. We went out to the street corner again on Friday morning and answered that for all that would listen. We found out that people are more responsive to free coffee-without-caffeine samples than the holy word of God... Maybe because its a more controversial topic. But none the less it was a blast. It is so fun to do things like that. I don’t know why I was so lazy before...

This week was AWESOME. We baptized three on Sunday. Everyone was so happy. We baptized three from three different organizations so the service was packed. The kid I baptized, Herlindo, had the funniest reaction I’ve ever seen. When I pulled him out of the water, he shouted ''Puchika!!!'' which means ''Dang it" or ''Holy cow'' and everyone started laughing.

President Markham went with Elder Garcia and I to San Martin to close the deal with Edgar, the man that I’ve been working with since day 1. He’s been to church for 6 months straight. President started the lesson and it went like this

''There is power in the Doctrine of Christ. Do you have faith?''
''Yes.''
''Are you repenting? Are you changing?''
''Well, I think so.''
''Alright, lets read in Acts 2:37-38.......what else do you have to do?''
''Get baptized.''
''When?''
''Well, I actually was going to tell the Elders that I want to get baptized this next Sunday, the 29th''
(he then looked at us both like ''mission accomplished'')
President Markham just has a different spirit about him. He reminded us that it wasn’t him that made him decide, but that FAITH PRECEDES THE MIRACLE. That was the highlight of last Saturday.

Well, I’m having the time of my life right now. I can feel that more and more of my heart, might, mind, and strength is in the work. It feels good. You couldn’t pay for these kinds of experiences!

Love you guys,

Elder Smith



Pyramid of Mixco Viejo in Chimaltenango
Chimaltenango Zone
May 23, 2016 P-day



No comments:

Post a Comment