Have I
ever told you guys about Morcaff? It is one of the best inventions ever made
and it is how we help thousands of coffee-addicted souls to stop caffeinating
themselves. Its basically a mix of corn, wheat, cinnamon that smells and looks
like coffee. I honestly don’t know if it tastes like coffee because I’ve never
tried it but my converts say it is similar. The reason I am telling you this is
because we did an interesting and fun activity last Friday that got us a lot of
attention. We set up a booth/table with a couple of pots of Morcaff to give
samples to all of our friends in Chimaltenango. Elder Garcia made a big sign
that said ''WHY DONT MORMONS DRINK COFFEE? DO YOU WANT TO KNOW WHY? COME AND
ASK!'' We did it in front of a supermarket (permission may or may not have been
granted...) from 11 to 12:30 in the morning. It was hilarious because it really
quite is a controversial (though true) point in what we teach here and we got
all sorts of reactions. Fun to do things like that instead of knocking doors. I
wish I had always had that initiative to not knock doors.
This was
a good week and it was mainly a week to set up the week we are in right now to
prepare our investigators for Baptism. Please pray for Jacquelin, Herlindo,
Rene, and Kimberly. This Sunday will be epic. They are all so ready. I feel so
blessed to be able to teach so many prepared people. Seriously, we find someone
to baptize EVERY SINGLE DAY. So amazing.
We are
reading the BOM as a mission in 120 days. Today i read 1 Nephi 18 and I like
something I saw. I thought it was interesting that when Laman and Lemuel starting
being disobedient and rebellious on the ship, the ship didn’t just stay put
where it was. It moved BACKWARDS because of the storm that they had brought
upon ourselves. It reminded me of a teaching that I learned from Brother Mckeon
in freshman year seminary. That in our eternal progression, we moved UP or
DOWN. There is never an in-between state of rest. That is why Elder Maxwell
said that the path of discipleship is always uphill. So let’s keep moving
forward! Dad, I loved those 4 things you said you changed in your scripture
study and daily prayers. That is moving uphill! I will commit to do the same.
Really
love you guys, you mean a lot to me and I love you a ton!
Elder Smith

No comments:
Post a Comment