Tuesday, May 24, 2016

May 11, 2016 - Did That Count as Family Night?

That’s my only question I was left with after Sundays call. I mean...we even ended with a prayer! But really I loved that and no mom and dad it didn’t unfocus me. It was fun to feel like I was with you joking around and getting over the awkwardness of not talking to each other for 6 months. And to see that the kitchen is the same as I left it....ha-ha joking mom! Thanks for the laughs and for the praise, you guys always know how to give me a confidence boost.

Sunday was also great because, like I told you guys, we had sacrament meeting in Colinas. Look it up on google or something, it is seriously the most gorgeous church site I’ve ever seen. I don’t know if it beats Palmyra, but its up there. My convert Carolina shared her short testimony (20 minutes) on her conversion story. A couple of excerpts ''One time my husband got mad because the missionaries were so persistent and came every day but look, in the end, its all worth it! Open your doors to them.'' ''I never thought the day of our baptism would come. But I pled to God and He answered my prayer.'' She seriously sounded like a veteran member and talked about temple, priesthood, and missionary work. Very special moment for my companion and I too, knowing all that was involved in the process. We had lots of investigators at church too and it was such a wonderful three hours. And they gave the whole ward tamales after. I love Guatemala.

We are preparing two people for baptism for this weekend. Elias and Rene. We gave Elias his white shirt for baptisms yesterday and he is ready to go. I have lots of stories about him that will be told in 4 months. But Rene...still a ways to go with him, Yesterday we tried to seal the deal with him and the Spirit was sooo strong but he didn’t open his heart to let him in. We ended the lesson on our knees in a circle and everyone in the lesson, members included, said a prayer for Rene. We will see what happens today.

Changes were yesterday. Elder Duran, the kid I trained for two changes and one of my favorite companions I’ve had, is my district leader. He came to the house yesterday for a little meeting and it was super cool to see him again. We reminisced (spelling....) on all of our memories from Linda Vista. Good times. 

Well, I’m loving life and loving the mission. Love you guys a lot. KK, I started writing you a letter, hope you like it!

love,

elder smith


No comments:

Post a Comment