I saw
that quote today on a minibus as Elder Guzman and I were traveling to Puerto
San Jose this morning. I testify of the same! I know God lives, I know it! With
all the miracles and awesome things that are happening right now I cannot deny
it! And because I get to suffer for him at times I cannot deny the strength He
provides me through the Atonement of His Son.
This past
week we had Zone Conference de la Costa! I was thinking that the only Zone
Conferences I have been to have been in the coast. Ha ha how I love the costa
and my pueblo here. But anyway the zone conference was awesome. Elder Guzman
and I got to speak and gave a little presentation on Honesty. They also talked
about true intent. Think about the principles you live. Now ask yourself why
were you obedient and true to those principles today. Sister Markham asked us
all if we felt joy. I can truly and wholeheartedly say YES! I feel a ton of
joy, in the good and the bad at times. The goal we have is that everyone can
feel the same. It was a great zone conference. And dad I got your letter! Thank
you! And thank you grandpa and grandma for the candy and the letter. The
tootsie rolls were a huge hit at church!! Send me more!! And I also got my
debit card, so we’re all good there.
The
Family Caceres went to church this Sunday!! It was so awesome to see that
wonderful family there that I seriously have grown to love so much. I would
impart of my own soul for them, for they are dear unto me (1 Thessalonians
2:8). But I will send you all the picture of how we got to church. We went to
the stake center on Sunday as a stake to watch the Guatemala conference. Elder
Bednar, Elder Martino, Sister Marriot, and the area presidency spoke. Such
great messages. Elder Bednar spoke about the transition from Faith, Sacrifice,
and finally to Consecration. That is the disciples journey!!!
And by
the way there are changes on Friday. But not yet for me because Elder Guzman is
probably leaving. I have really come to love that big goofy guy. I’ve learned a
lot from him. But he’s staying and elder smith will stay. I feel like I still
have lots more work to do in the blessed earth of Golondrinas before I depart!
Funnies:
I was preaching in a bus this past week and the bus did a gnarly u turn and I
totally fell to the ground and almost fell out the door, but a wonderful woman
grabbed me and Elder Smith is alive and accounted for. It was sooo funny.
Imagine a big blonde gringo yelling at you in a bus and then that big blonde
gringo just disappears out of nowhere. The entire bus was laughing at me (me
included) and so I stood up and said ''Just like we all fall in life, Jesus
lifts us and we get up!'' Probably one of the most classic moments of my whole
mission.
Love you
all dearly. You are so blessed for you obedience and love for the Savior. I can
feel your prayers. They are always welcome.
L O V E
Elder Smith
No comments:
Post a Comment