Sunday, November 22, 2015

November 10, 2015 - Another week in paradise

Hello Smith Family!

I enjoyed each of your letters and loved the experiences and the pictures. Thank you for the grateful turkey, that was so kind! Where was the BYU game played by the way? And Matthew......chuck a pumpkin in my honor buddy boy. They don’t have those here in abundance. And if you guys could wish a happy happy birthday to Grandpa and Michael from my part that would be great. Tell them I love them and pray for them often!

This week was fantastic and tiring and inspiring. We had all of our divisions and the normal stuff and on top of that we had to travel to the Capital for Leadership Council with President Markham in his house and then again to the capital to go to the house of the Lord. I love to see the Temple! Sister Markham made us a little Thanksgiving dinner/lunch that was awesome. Mashed papas to the max. I know that my mission president and his wife have been called of God. I have never known two people that can love to the extent that they do. I can just feel it. Very lucky to have them as my examples.

The temple was awesome. I have now gone to the temple with almost every companion. I went there just seeking peace and I found it. Sometimes there is just too much going on around me and I get caught up in the day to day. But the temple is such a wonderful place to hear the Spirit. I tried to pay double attention and I learned a ton as well. I look forward to attending the temple frequently with you mom and dad when I get home. How lucky we are in Sacramento to have a temple so close. I remember sitting on my paddleboard when I was 17 in the middle of Lake Natoma looking through the trees on the shore at the Captain Moroni and just feeling the Spirit so so strong and having a desire to go there....and then going over to bust some kids on a rope swing.

The Family Caceres are doing awesome. They couldn’t make it to church but this Sunday they will. They believe. Seriously they just soak in everything we say without blinking an eye. I wish I had that type of faith. I have never met people like them and I would definitely appreciate your continued prayers for them. A quick funny experience. ''So Brother Caceres, what did you learn from the pamphlet?''  ''Hmm. Well I learned that Elder Smith really was a prophet of the lord'' ''You mean Joseph Smith?'' ''Yeah Joseph Smith''.  I then testified to them that I was not a prophet. This last name really confuses people at times.

Well I just love you guys a ton. I pray that Jesus' love is always with you and that he can send you guys a little bit of mine too. He is my stronghold and my refuge. When we go to the temple, He is there too.

LOVE,

Elder Smith



No comments:

Post a Comment