Tuesday, March 10, 2015

March 10, 2015 - The Last???

What a week! I can never remember what happened to me during my week when I sit down at the computer but I will try to drum up some things to talk about. Oh first of all, Mom, can you thank the Kimball’s for the valentines package? That was awesome. Tell them that my companion blew up all the balloons and spilled the glitter all over my apartment if you would like to call it that! Packages are great; it’s like Christmas!

This week we killed our bodies. We have 5 main areas where we have investigators and people to teach, all really far from the house and from each other. And currently we have people in every area to teach so we had to run EVERYWHERE. I have honestly never been so tired in my whole life, Matt even swim doesn’t compare. But its so enriching to come back to the hut at night knowing in my soul that I sacrificed a small part of myself so that someone else can have the Chance. I mentioned last week about the man that went to church without even being taught. He is so pilas! He received an answer that Jose Smith was a prophet like THAT and he and his wife accepted a date to be married for the 21st. I love teaching chosens. They love, live and accept the truth. Teaching families is something I haven’t done much of because of the Safra but miracles come.

This week we did service for the branch, working for the welfare program farm! It reminded me of your garden dad. You would have loved it! They worked us hard and I sweat like a pig (learned today that pigs don’t sweat) and then I drank papaya juice. It is sweet to see how the Church blesses the lives of many. They are helping them to help themselves. That’s what the gospel is all about! Change the man and he changes the environment.

Look up 2 NE 27:23. One of my favorites of this week. Also many prophecies of 2 NE 29 are fulfilled every day here! A bible! A Bible! We have already got a bible!

I can’t believe this is the last week of the change. And that I could and is more than likely that I am leaving. I am a bit nervous but I know that all I have learned in Rio will help me. 

Thank you Mom and Dad and Matthew and Kathryn for being there for me. You 4 are the first ones on my prayer roll every night. Dad, be safe in India. Kathryn you are so pilas! Keep developing your testimony and make a promise with Heavenly Father that you will read every night! (Mom and Dad teach her what a covenant is!!) You will be an awesome missionary. Love each of you to the moon and then further. Have a wonderful week!

Do the little things.

Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment