Monday, June 20, 2016

June 14, 2016 - CHANGES

Dearest Familia,

Que dice New York??? That looks so fun from the pictures you sent me and the memories that came flooding back from the Upstage tour I did there like 4 years ago! That was so fun. Are you guys going to go to Palmyra or the Sacred Grove? I had a very sacred experience there. Don’t go crazy Matt! Keep him in line mom and dad! Very good move on your part mom and dad so he doesn’t have any chance on meeting any ''special someones''.... Love you Matthew!

This week was the best. We baptized Rene in the name of Jesus on Friday at 7:00. He began to weep when he was asked to share his testimony at the end of the service. He recounted the story of how Elder Diaz and I had found him. He had felt the need to go to a little neighborhood store around the corner to buy a snack and when he walked by to the house, there we were. We then invited him to come across the street to watch a two minute video about the Savior in a members house. He said yes but in his mind and heart said no. He told us he'd be right back without any intention to be right back... He walked into his house and was going to go and rest but something pushed him to the member’s house to watch the 2-minute video that turned into the 30-minute video of ''Finding Faith in Christ'' and a baptismal service last Friday. So cool! I love that! Seriously all the people I have seen enter into the waters of baptism in Chimaltenango have ''stories''. They each have their journey and their repentance. So grateful I was able to be here when he was baptized.

We did another publicity activity this week. We went to the corner of the Bodegona and made a sign that said ''Will your family be eternal?'' and made some surveys with family-type questions and gave out pamphlets of ''The Family: A Proclamation to the World''. We got some really fun responses and great feedback. Want to know my answer to the question? A RESOUNDING YES!

I just love this Work. Cant say it enough or express it clearly. I just love working and being with the people. Guatemala and the Lord have my heart for these last 3 months and forever.

President called me last Friday to tell me that I'd be the new assistant. I told him I would do it, expecting to have changes like normal next Tuesday. On Sunday night he called me telling me to pack my bags, the assistants would be picking me up early Monday (yesterday). So I'm an assistant to President Markham now with my old companion from Chimaltenango, Elder Diaz and another good mission buddy Elder Gallacher. I'm committed to be myself and do my best.   

Love you guys so much.

Elder Smith

 Renes Baptism Day    -    June 10, 2016






No comments:

Post a Comment