Tuesday, December 22, 2015

December 22, 2015 - Christmas Time in Guate!!!

Wow what a week!! I am really enjoying the Christmas spirit here right now. I hopped on a bus one time and started singing ''I wanna wish you a Merry Christmas...from the bottom of my heart.'' ha-ha it was hilarious and everyone in the bus laughed. There are all sorts of ways to preach repentance! Good thing Guatemalans laugh at literally everything because you all know I am not very funny ha-ha.

Elder Wilkes and I are basically exhausted (what’s new!) from this week but it was such a miraculous week! We had three divisions like always and we ended up going to Puerto San Jose more than we asked to! It is a 50 minute bus ride in a blazing hot bus with wind in the face each way. I was able to go with my good buddy Elder Richins (he entered into the field with me from my group) and it was a solid day down there. Apparently there was some volcano that went off near Escuintla so we worked all day with these doctor’s masks. Funny moment, about 5 minutes after I put on the mask I went to contact some old woman on the street. She tried to avoid me but I am persistent so I kept getting closer until she started sprinting away shouting ''Al mercado voy!''. So classic. We drew little faces on ours to lessen the gringo-doctor-alien effect. We also went to the beach again yesterday to pick up trash as part of a Mormon Helping Hands activity. It was sweet.

Also mom, this totally reminded me of you! This week was the primary program here and I got put in as the designated piano player! The Guatemalan ninos were not in sync with me really....I think its because they didn’t buy them pizza to get them to come practice! But it really was so special. There’s something about little kids pure testimonies that always gets me. One of my converts, Michelle, that I baptized in October, went right up there and gave her memorized part and bore her testimony!

We baptized again this last Sunday too. His name is Edwin. Wow. What a comeback story. I have seen lots of people turn their lives around in Guatemala, but not many have come close to Edwin. He did everything imaginable but he repented and changed and got baptized this Sunday. If Edwin can do it, we all can! That gives me Hope. 

Love you guys so much. Cant wait to see you on Friday. Ill try my hardest not to cry this time, but its always a surprise. I am 2 for 2 right now with a 1000 batting average ha-ha. We will see.

Feliz Navidad muchachos!

December 20, 2015

December 21, 2015  Mormon Helping Hands - Escuintla Zone



No comments:

Post a Comment