Wow. Cant
believe I’m back here writing another email! I blink once and I’m writing my
wonderful family yet again! Hope everyone is enjoying the Christmas season like
I am and living it up in the good old Granite Bay.
We had a Christmas
miracle type of week. We were able to baptize Araceli and Victoriano. They are
sweet sweet people that I will always remember and hold dear to my heart.
Araceli even gave her testimony this Sunday and said, ''I knew this church was
true a long time ago. And now I’m finally baptized.'' Never too early and never
too late! After his baptismal service on Sunday after church, our ward mission
leader was about to end the service with a hymn and a prayer but our convert
Victoriano got right up and said ''I want to share a few words'' (he was a
former pastor from a Evangelical church) and boy did he share a few words! A
little bit of his evangelical pastor came out but it was the sweetest testimony I have ever heard. He talked about a dream he had had where the Lord told him
to jump up and grab a bar a few feet above his head. He jumped 3 times but couldn’t
reach it. On the fourth time he jumped as hard as he could and finally got it.
He said ''With that in mind, I have now been baptized 4 times. Take it as you
will.'' What a faithful old guy that I have come to love so much!
We also
had our Christmas devotional/activity as a mission last Thursday. We had to
last minute plan for a zone Christmas presentation. Elder Wilkes and I
furiously read Helaman 14, 16 and 3 Ne 1 to put together a little play about Samuel
the Lamanite and prophecies of Christ. I think the highlight was when everyone
started to throw dirty socks at Elder Serrano aka Samuel the Lamanite. That got
a good laugh out of everyone. Then all of a sudden I hear Elder Wilkes saying
from the pulpit (he was the narrator) '' Now we will listen to the
testimony of Elder Smith'' ha ha ha it was the most hectic unplanned thing I’ve
ever done but it ended nicely.
Man do I
love you guys. I came out of that conference with 5 packages! I felt strange
because most get nothing (except for this year because every Elder was given an
awesome package from the mission) but I knew that I was holding 5 packages full
of love! Thank you mom and dad and Matthew and Kathryn and Grandpa and Grandma
Smith and the Robison Family and the Lebaron Family. I loved your gifts and
treats and appreciate every effort and prayer on my behalf. The prayers are
heard and candies are half eaten already! Thank you so much. And mom, fyi the
tree and ornaments are all super glued on the wall now. Thank you for that
labor of love!
Well its
back to work now. We are doing great work here and I hope that the Lord feels
the same. Love the Lord and Love His Work!!!!
Christmas
greetings,
Elder Smith
December 8, 2015
December 13, 2015
The beach in Puerto San Jose
Esquintla Zone- playing soccer on pday


No comments:
Post a Comment