Dad I did a double and a triple take when I saw the clown picture.
What is going on in Granite Bay these days??? I leave for a year and my poor
father goes and turns himself into a horror movie fanatic...... Dad I know you
miss me but you’re going to have to stay strong for a little bit longer.... But
really that was hilarious seeing the Smith Family as clowns. I miss you guys
and your crazy doings!!
Well we have finished October. We had an OK month of October as a
zone. But now its November and we are ready to go. I am writing
late today because I am on divisions and I had to come down to the beach (Puerto
San Jose) to do a baptismal interview. Some crazy stuff happened so I’ll be
here till 6 or 7 at night. But the good news is that we are starting off
baptizing!!!
Elder Guzman and I fasted last Sat/Sun and made a 40-day
Purification List together on Sunday before we finished our fast. We made some gnarly
goals and are leaving a lot of things behind. But I felt the familiar warm
confirmation of the Holy Ghost telling me that the work we were embarking on
was good. Elder Guzman finally is joining me on this journey and it will be
nice to have some company! I really love that guy. I think we have the best
companionship in the whole mission because we have become brothers of sorts. I
think sometimes he is the Spanish version of Matthew. A quick example of a
conversation we had in the morning ''why do you wash your backpack everyday?''
''because it smells bad!'' ''its you that smells bad'' ''that’s a lie, come and
smell me.'' ''I smell you every day''.
I loved in the Book of Mormon today something I read in Alma
26:21-22. Its the formula to baptizing all of Golondrinas. No but really I
loved it and how it said that ''no natural man knows these things'' or
something like that. The natural man knows no real joy, no real repentance,
faith, good works, and unceasing prayers (vs 22). If we can put him off and do
those four things mentioned in vs 22, we can have success. SCRIPTURE NUGGET!
Love you guys so much. I already ate all the mashed potatoes btw.
Love,
Elder Smith
Elder Smith and Elder Guzman wearing shirts from our family reunions this summer
No comments:
Post a Comment