Mi
familia eterna,
How is
everyone? Enjoying the heat of summer in good old Granite Bay, CA? I am here
under the rain everyday...in June!
They
called me yesterday to tell me my changes...and I will be staying in Linda
Vista for another change! With Elder Duran! If I could choose one companion to
be with for 2 changes it would be him. He will be my first companion to be with
me for more than one change. I know that I wont get sick of him because he is
incredible. Miracles every single day because we have the Spirit with us. I am
loving it. We have so much fun together and I have baptized every week but one
with him and we have much much more planned in June! Miracles and miracles and
miracles. And it hasn’t been all roses and marshmallows because Heavenly Father
has tried our faith a ton in this past change and Satan has attacked us as well
(the difference? Moroni 7.) But we have weathered the storm and have come out
stronger and stronger. I love this point in my mission and I am just living it
and loving it. It gets better and better.
We
baptized the cousin of a member this past Sunday. Members are the key to
everything! There is so much power in member references. Tracting is half as
fun and not even nearly as effective as member references. I am just starting
to learn that... 8 months too late! For example 2 Sundays ago we saw this 80
year old man that has been a member for forever sitting on his porch doing
nothing. I said ''Hermano Lisandro, do you have any references for us?'' ''What
is a reference?'' ''Show us your neighbors!'' So he obediently did and now we
have 2 baptisms for the 21st and a family for the 28th of June. Maybe it wasn’t
the most tactful way to receive referrals but it worked. The Spirit always
guides us....
Dad I’ll
try to answer some of your questions. We do buy food for ourselves. I try to
split the essentials with my companions because it is more economical. We cook
everyday. This past week we had instant mashed potatoes 3 times in 4 days. It
was awesome. But I have learned to cook good things too, don’t worry mother.
Those were indeed chocolate covered bananas. We are not allowed to eat them
from the street or from members so...we took matters into our own hands and
made them ourselves. We made them again yesterday and brought them to the zone
training today. Lets just say they were eaten. We visit the bishop every
Saturday. We have a good bridge between us and he is an excellent leader and
helps us a ton. We attend ward council. They only have it the 1st and 3rd
Sundays of every month.
Love you
guys and keep being pilas,
No comments:
Post a Comment