Tuesday, June 2, 2015

June 2, 2015 - Baptism!

Hey I’m gonna make this one a little short because I have a bunch of pictures I want to send!

I’ll start with the highlight. We had a Dia Blanco (White Day) on Sunday. Basically the whole zone got together and baptized everyone in the same meeting. So sweet. President Markham said to me there ''Elder Smith, remember the taste.'' and I could never forget it. In total 19 people were baptized. It was awesome to participate in that. It was a wonderful way to end the craziest Sunday of my whole mission (I’ll tell that story when I come home) and makes everything we do in the week worth it times 2.

Taught a man in English this week. He got deported 2 years ago from New York and it was one of the most spiritual lessons I have ever had. I contacted him in a bus like 3 weeks ago and I finally found him. We taught him in an English/Spanish mix and I don’t know...it was so strange to hear my voice testifying in my native tongue. Something so special in that. He is another broken and battered man I have found here in Linda Vista. The Lord leads us to those that need help and that are ready for His Atonement.  That is why we contact buses!

Changes are next week. I believe I will be staying here with Elder Duran for another change. It has been a pleasure to work with and train him. He is such a stud and we have worked miracle after miracle together and he will be my first companion to stay with me for more than one change if everything happens like I think it will. I love this guy and will be my brother for life.

The Safari was sweet. The zone leader that I did the Heimlich on a couple weeks ago got sick from it (the safari) and the day he got sick we did divisions. We only had two lessons and he was absolutely dead. Great example of working through the pain. We walked like two geezers walking through the park all day.  It was quite different from the pace I’ve been on for these past few months. But I love doing divisions and he managed to teach me something.

We went to Lake Amatitlan yesterday. It is no Folsom lake but it was awesome. It’s basically a big sewer of Guate City. There was a lifeguard stand there and I was reminded of the good times there. We had a little picnic there as a district and it was a good time.

Love you guys!

Elder Smith













No comments:

Post a Comment