Feliz Navidad party animals,
I’ll just cut right to the chase. SKYPE. THIS THURSDAY. 11:00 AM (that
is the morning) GUATEMALA TIME. I don’t know if we are in the same time or what
so just internet that or something. I will be skyping from a mission account. I
will call you guys first. And we only have 5 minutes to talk. Which is a shame
because I really wanted to talk to you for a little bit more. But the Lord only
is giving us 5 minutes this year. Sacrifice brings miracles! Just kidding I
think we have 40 and I hope I gave my sweet mother a miniature heart attack. It
will be fun I think!
I will recount an experience from this week that basically sums up the
whole week. So. For the past couple of days we have been rejected and rejected
and rejected. By members, converts, investigators, perros (dogs), you name it. We still found a way to achieve our goals but
we found no one positive and yeah everyone rejected us. And we have not
baptized in December yet. Yesterday in our mission wide prayer that we say at 8
o’clock every morning it was my turn to say the prayer. In our studies of Enos
this month (we read Enos once a day) I have learned a great deal about praying
with faith and letting the spirit guide my prayers and allowing the things in
our minds penetrate our hearts. I expressed my feelings in my prayer to
Heavenly Father (or at least tried to in my Spanish) that we had been working
like beasts to achieve our goals and to find people to come unto Christ. During
my prayer I said ''Heavenly Father, please bless us with a miracle today.''
Then I paused, waited a second and said ''Or dos.'' Elder Palma and I both felt
the spirit very strongly during and after the prayer, then we finished our
studies and whatnot and began to work. Then the miracles: First, we found a
less active family that has a little guy that is 9 years old. Baptizing him
this week. He has been to church 3 times already. Miracle. Then another little
guy. 10 years old. Lives with a family here in the ward. Been to church twice.
Baptizing him this week. Oh how wonderful it is! We really have been working so
hard these past two weeks. I have never been more tired and more happy and so
grateful to my Heavenly Father. But yes, these were and are our CHRISTmas
MIRACLES!!!
I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas. I don’t know if you have had
a chance to watch or share the ''He is the Gift'' video/message but I challenge
you to do so. It was inspired by the first presidency and that thing is so
powerful. Like magic. They gave us 300 of these little cards to give out and
one elder said that they have the priesthood because they are so powerful in
getting new investigators. It awesome. We will go up to a house in a street
full of evangelicals and right off the bat they will tell us to scram but then
we will interrupt them and say ''But we have a gift for you! A Christmas
Gift!'' Then we will teach them a lesson about Christmas, give them the ''He is
the Gift'' card and then set an appointment to meet with them again and it has
been so useful. I challenge the Smith Family to do the same!!! I want our
family to baptize someone and to have the missionaries teach someone in our
home. And this can help immensely. This is the gift to give the Savior! Not to
be nicer, to pet your dog more, to clean the dishes without being asked, but to
give the gift of eternal life through this precious and plain Gospel!
I love you guys. And thank you SOOO much for the gifts. I received
packages from my awesome family, Grandma and Grandpa, the Lebarons, the
Robison’s and Trent and Emily. The only one I couldn’t wait for was the Lebarons.
Tell them thank you for the tie and candy!! and Trent and Emily for the
missionary cards and for their awesome Christmas card!! And the Patagonia and
fish shirt (forgotten at home when he
left) were awesome. And the peanut butter candies and jerky –yessss! It was
all awesome and I will open the rest on Thursday.
Love you guys,
Elder Smith
We were very touched and grateful to receive this email and picture from his companion today and we thought his english was great!
I´m Elder Palma comanion of your son and I wish you merry christmas
Thanks for sent your son at the misiion he is really awesome and i´m so grateful that he eis my compañion
I know that this is the best experince that a man can be in the life and God will bless your life and will change the life of Elder Smith.
Sorry i don´t good write in inglish sorry for my mistakes
MERRY CHRISTMAS
FROM THE MISIIONARY FIELD
GUATEMALA CITY CENTRAL
Jacob and his companion with things we sent them. Behind them is the poster the Granite Bay 2nd ward made for him- a much needed decoration! We had a wonderful opportunity to send Jacobs Christmas gifts in a duffle bag (behind Elder Palma) with Christopher Mullen and his wife who, while on their trip to Guatemala, hand delivered it to Jacobs mission office. We were BEYOND grateful for their kindness and generosity!!! The Mullen's couldn't have made it easier for us as Ann Marie Mullen, took the bag for Jacob across the country to Christopher, when she went out to babysit for them!!! SO GRATEFUL for such wonderful friends!
No comments:
Post a Comment